A big WELCOME to all the new members!

Enemas and Crohns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Adam9.5x7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam9.5x7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enemas and Crohns
    Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:54pm
I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1985. Fortunately, for me it causes very few issues and I do not take any of the Crohns treatment drugs. Since 1985, I take Metamucil every day and for me that keeps any Crohns issues under control. Thankfully, Crohns has not affected my frequent enjoyment of enemas. We (husband and I) rarely use any soap. Baking soda or salt are preferred additives to help keep electrolytes in balance. We enjoy frequent wine enemas as well as freshly brewed "marijuana tea" enemas.  
Moliere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moliere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 8:57am
Isn't Crohns the one where they sometimes use corticosteroid enemas? 
I'd be worried because there is already inflammation and damage present from the Crohns. Definitely don't push things.

I imagine a gentle one with salt or salt/soda could work for constipation. Because of the cause of the diarrhea (inflamed mucosa) I WOULD NOT jump for an enema there unless you run it by the doctor.
enemaguyrkfd View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Site Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enemaguyrkfd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:13am
Do any of you guys have experience or knowledge about the use of enemas on a person with Crohns Disease?  I've searched on line and found both positive and negative comments.  I was just wonderinf if anybody here had any actual practical first hand experiences. 

I have a close friend who has it pretty bad and on Humira once a week, normally it keeps it well under control but as luck would have it this week after missing a couple shots he is in the hospital as I write this.  Both he and his sister have if, for him is quite a bit worse.  Also, he suffers from a lot of gas and constipation, his sister on the other hand also gets the gas, but just the opposite of constipation.  I know diet plays a big part of it but you know me, always thinking, just wondering if it would be safe to at some point suggest an enema to keep things moving along.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Enemaguyrkfd

Enemaguyrkfd (Admin)

Sometimes you just got to give yourself
what you wish someone else would give you.
 Post Reply Post Reply